My girlfriend and I stayed for two nights whilst attending a family wedding. We booked a room with a four poster bed; as a member I get a reasonable discount. The room had excellent views over the local private garden and acres of space. Decor wise, the room was traditional and comfortable but not overblown.
The Club has a great deal of character. Breakfast is excellent with table service and ample helpings. The bar is also very reasonably priced.
Be aware that when you stay here you are coming to a private club - this gives it a unique and friendly atmosphere not seen at hotels. In reality, the premium rooms are luxurious and extremely well appointed. However as a member I expect this as part of my annual subscription. As a non member you would be well advised to pick a large room, and make sure you enjoy the dining room for both breakfast and dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland