Stayed for long UK Bank Holiday weekend (during the Fringe Festival and Edinburgh Tattoo period). Top floor room a bit much after walking all day, no lifts and extremely hot. With (sash) windows open it was noisy even in early hours as traffic diverting through Albany Street due to tramworks on Princes Street. Small courtyards back and front at lower ground level ok but also a bit cramped, and bar area really didn't fit the 'boutique' claim - more like a pie and pint joint! Ask for a room facing the back if you like quiet! Redeeming factor was the staff, without fail very helpful and professional. Particular thanks to Anna in the bar & at breakfast service. And full Scottish breakfast is what it says on the tin, and plenty of it too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland