Went 4 star for once to see how the other half live. Family room was on first floor, large and well furnished, but overall feel was tired and grubby. Strange tv on wall in bathroom but no way of operating it?
Breakfast ok, but staff ranged from over attentive to dismissive. On morning one we were asked if we wanted cooked breakfast before we had even sat down, and 4 full Scottish breakfasts turned up before we got back to our seats with our cereal and fruit. Conversely, tea, coffee and toast were afterthoughts, after we had finished. 4 star?
Location is good, and had a great evening meal at an Italian on Leith Walk called Vittoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland