Went to stay for business. The hotel was a bit run down. First night was OK, was a basement room which was flood lit outside. Went out for dinner the next night to come back and find that my room had been broken into. My laptop and kindle were stolen and my case was raided. The person somehow managed to open the window from the outside and climb in within a 2 hour time period. I think this was an inside job as I had closed the blinds and the curtains before I left so no passerby could see into my room.
The hotel staff were not helpful at all. They had called the police but they could not offer me another room as they were fully booked (although I was not allowed to stay in the room as it was a crime scene). I was not allowed to speak to the hotel owner regarding claiming off the hotels insurance. They had tampered with the crime scene although they were told not to. They had said to me that they had informed their insurance. They hadn't. They were not forthcoming in providing a refund. AVOID THIS PLACE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland