Firstly the reception person, did not speak a word of English, so booking in took 57 mins
When I was shown the room it was not ready, well the sheets had not been changed and the carpet had some wet smelly thing going on.
Ok a bad night on a really old bed, but thought maybe breakfast would be better, well actually it was so bad I did not touch it , ok fried egg hard and burnt, bacon was chewy and mostly fat mushrooms from a can, which were the best part, the sausage was almost all grissle, must have been 24 for a £1
The staff were rude and ignorant , first time in my life I have complained, but this place was the pits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland