While Albany Ballantrae is in an ideal location, everything else is a huge disappointment. It felt more like a youth hostel than a boutique hotel / B&B. The public and private spaces were dirty, carpet was threadbare, huge paint chips in walls and mismatched patchwork, and overall quality of bed, sheets, towels, etc was poor. It now makes perfect sense why they ask you to pay in full before you see your room - that way they have your money! After voicing complaints, we were informed that there wasn't a manager on duty over the weekend and that someone would get back to us about a refund. The verdict was no refund. This hotel definitely is not focused on customer comforts and their payment and refund policies are outdated. If you are going to Edinburgh, stay anywhere but this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland