We were unsure about this hotel as it had some bad reviews but I booked this hotel anyway and the executive suite which was right at the back at the top and as soon as we opened the door it was beautiful they even let us check in early due to our train.
We had two sinks a bath and a separate shower. The bed was comfy but could if done with more pillows but that's just us 3 pillows each so probably used to home.
The hotel is a bit 5 mins walk from Edinburgh and not so far that it's far and so close that you don't hear nightlife.
The magnum pub on the same street was beautiful we had dinner in there and would highly recommend that.
The lady at the front reception in thehotel had all the knowledge and felt confident of where we were going. I would definitely come back - and stay in the executive room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland