The Ballantrae Albany Hotel is very nicely located, at walking distance from the city center, in a quiet part of town. This boutique hotel has a lot of charm and gives a homey feeling. Friendliness and helpfulness of staff is outstanding.
Generally well worth a stay, but:
Keep in mind that this sort of hotel does not have airconditioning. The room we stayed in was very hot and did not cool off at night.
The "continental breakfast" is far below standards. Only basic foods (cereal, cheese, meats, juice and pastry) are offered from the buffet table and the bread served was at least a day old.
Given the size of the room, the relatively poor breakfast we had, absence of ventilation in the room, this hotel is definitely not worth the GBP 189,- we paid for a single night. Edinburgh is generally an expensive city to spend the night, but at this rate there are good alternatives available (if booked on time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland