We booked a Superbreak by train for two nights and stopped at the Old Waverley Hotel.
The reception were very helpful allowing us to leave our luggage in a secure location until booking in time arrived which left us free to look around the city centre.
Our room was on the first floor with a view of Jenners and the Sct monument from the window
The room itself was quite small with two chairs and a table but no drawers in which to put your clothes ,ther was a good size built in wardrobe but again no shelf to put anything on.
The bathroom was very clean and looked a fairly recent update with enough room to move around but not big.
The bedroom part of the room was tired and the heater on the wall had black marks from the heaer rising fan shaped above it which were not new and had been cleaned in the past but not recently and needed the wall painting to remove them .
The curtains had a vallance at the top which hung in waves these were very dusty and needed a good hoover to remove the dust.
The paint work on the window was ready for doing.
The bed had two dips in it on either side and went BOING when you moved in the night this was probably the worst matress We have ever slept on.
On a bright note the breakfast was very good with an excellent choice which was replenished as required.
We mentioned the room when we were leaving and the young lady said they were in the process of doing up the rooms as they could.
I would suggest that the management tried the matresses etc. themselves on a regular basis and upgraded the rooms on how people who use them judge them.
This was not a cheap two day break nor was it expensive but we feel that the room we had was at best budget and will think carefully before booking another.
I know the management read these reports from previous comments and we did not ask for any reduction in cost nor do we seek one I am writing this as a totally unbiased user would
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland