My problem with this hotel stated the night before when I had a phone call demanding payment for the first night as the card I provided to secure booking wasnt working.I said I understood that we pay at the hotel. In fact checking everything I received from them this is what is agreed. This is the 3rd hotel I have stayed in in as many months and this was always the case. I couldn't believe they were taking payment without permission. I was told I had to get hotel early to pay. The fact I was sharing the room and cost was lost on them. We did arrive early and room was paid for immediately in full for the duration of stay.
The towels were dirty by being used for a long time or not been cleaned enough. The bathroom just had frosted glass so outlines were perfectly clear to the busy Princes Street. The curtains didn't meet so light was always coming through.. Some staff were pleasant, the majority
The location is great and if that's all you need then you can't fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland