When you arrive at the Old Waverley, it's all very beautiful and Scottish. Great location, lots of plaid, historic building, and good views over the city. But, on the whole, the hotel disappoints.
I was there with my family and we found the hotel pretty expensive for what you get. Our room was on the top floor with lovely views, but had a very leaky window and old beds. It seems that they've gotten feather top (or something similar) mattress covers to improve the situation, but generally the beds were old. Our bathroom was redone, but the rest of the room needed a face-lift. The lobby is very gorgeous, though, with tons of beautiful Scottish plaid, so maybe we had gotten our hopes up when we arrived.
We found the staff just OK as well. We asked for assistance in booking afternoon tea and taxis and neither worked out, so we wound up figuring it out ourselves.
Personally, I'd try to stay a bit closer to the Royal Mile the next time. Although it's a good location, it's still quite far from most of the main sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland