We actually hadn't booked this hotel, but were sent here by the Mercure after they couldn't fulfill our reservation. I wish we could give half points since I would say this is closer to a 3 1/2 instead of a 3. It was nice enough and the location was wonderful.
The check-in staff were very nice and accommodating and the breakfast the next morning was good. I enjoyed the view of the city and the rooms were comfortable, but a bit on the average side. Overall a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland