The Old Waverley staff were really polite and pleasant. We had fantastic views from the Princes Street facing room that we had - room 415 - although it was a little noisy when revellers from the local pubs etc. were making their way home at 3am in the morning singing football songs. Hotel is really close to all the shops, buses and trains. The bar drinks were a little expensive but the bar would stay open as long as was needed.
Breakfast was good, included cooked breakfast (although you had to order eggs separately), and cereals, yogurt and toast. We booked a Superbreak so our flight and hotel was included, but when I saw the room tariff on the wall in Reception I would never have paid the room charge that they have advertised. Decor is very dated, our room had a good bathroom, but didn't have a wardrobe as it just had a rail and around 8 hangers which gave us limited options for hanging our clothes. Edinburgh is a beautiful city and we will visit again, but we wouldn't stay at the Old Waverley again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland