The Old Waverley Hotel
US$373
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$335
US$279
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$224
US$181
  • Breakfast included
2,215 results
All reviewsscott monumentprinces streetgreat locationtrain stationfirst flooredinburgh castlechristmas marketcorner roomtour busestriple roomyour luggagecentral locationbuffet breakfastprincess stnice bathroomreception areashort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We booked first and then read some negative trip advisor reviews, so we fully expected to be disappointed, but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a warm, cosy, spotlessly clean room and friendly staff. The food was good and the hotel showed an awareness of catering for special diets, communicating information about my wife’s need for a gluten free diet to the staff in the restaurant and kitchen, something so many hotels often fail to do. Excellent location, albeit a bit noisy from passing traffic. Great value and we will definitely go back to this hotel whenever we return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlanF290
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I'll keep this short and sweet.. We paid a little under £300 for 4x 3 course dinners on old years night.. The view from the restaurant was superb onto the 'Princes Street' Party.. I have to say if it wasn't for the New Years celebrations, I wouldn't have been overly happy and accepting with the food we received. It seemed to me like a cheap tasting alternative to what could have potentially been top notch! Following the meal, we needed to relocate to another room so that they could close the 'perfectly located' restaurant, just before the fireworks were due.. All in all, due to the purpose of the night, we all had a great time and enjoyed our time hear.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank GavAmie
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very central and ideal for the station and for cental Edinburgh. First room we were shown to was on the 6th floor overlooking the air-conditioning units etc, the only other option (apparently) was the first floor directly above the traffic lights! The first floor room was larger, very clean but noisy at night - not really a problem as we were expecting it to be busy. The hotel staff were all very pleasant, helpful and friendly. Breakfast was unpleasant, over-cooked and poor quality, we had dinner there one evening which was ok but expensive considering the limited choice and general standard of food. Smokers stand in the hotel entrance and the smell carries right through to the reception. Second night the hotel was noisy with a few groups on stag do/sports outings, it maybe better to stay here mid-week rather than at the weekend. In general, too expensive for the standard/quality of the hotel!

Room Tip: Aim for third or fourth floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dutton_family23
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very good hotel. Especially in UK for that price.
Nice breakfast.
Our room was big and comfortable. Huge bed.
Plenty of place.

Located in two steps from Sir Walter Scott memorial.
Nothing else needed to reach everything in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 25th Jan 14 for an overnight stay with my mum. Hotel in great location for everything & literally straight across from train station.
I booked this through a work website & only had to give my details, I should have maybe called ahead & advised the twin room was for me & my mum as we were given a double bed, which was fine as room was lovely & clean with lovely cozy bedding, bathroom was very modern & thankfully spotless as well.
We had full Scottish breakfast, this a treat I save for weekends away and was worth it, was very tasty & loads to choose from, chef was constantly bringing out fresh stuff, there was also a healthy option.
The hotel reception is on the first floor, but there is a bell on the ground floor to ring if you need assistance, I found the staff very nice & one young girl was chatting away, I'm sure if you asked for assistance with bags etc they would accommodate you. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone with mobility issues due to the stairs to reception, there is a lift on the first floor to reach all other floors.
I would definitely go back as all the important things for a good hotel for an overnight stay got a big tick from me

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends