I liked this hotel for its central position in Edinburgh, and the fact that I could lay in bed and look at a view of the castle. It's in a good location for the castle,Waverley station, shopping and galleries etc,the room was spotless and large with a good sized bathroom, the bed was large and comfortable and we also had a decent flat screen tv.
The room did not have double glazing but was fitted with old fashioned sash windows the reason for this is that the building is probably listed.
I would recommend this hotel as it is great value and not a chain run box ....and breakfast is good as well.
I did have some small niggles...£25 deposit on arrival and I struggled with the wifi but other people seemed to be fine, I do think in this day and age wifi should be free as it would attract more customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland