First the good points, the location is very good central to Princes Street, a few hundred yards from the Royal Mile, and very close to the station. The bathroom facilities were good. Looking at the room it is probably aimed at professionals on business. The breakfast was good and filling.
Now the downside. They wanted to charge for the internet. That nowadays is unacceptable. The room was noisy, there was no air conditioning, probably not a usual requirement in Edinburgh but if the windows were opened the noise level was intrusive and there is no secondary glazing. I accept they may not be allowed the latter, and the former is due to the location. What annoyed me was being asked for a £25 "deposit" charged to my credit card and refundable. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and never had this. I would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland