This was our first visit to Edinburgh and the Old Waverly. I'd have to give it a mostly positive, but somewhat mixed review.
First, the positives-
-Great location just across the bridge from the old city and Royal Mile, but within easy walking distance of the train station, sightseeing buses, a major shopping center and lots of restaurants and pubs.
-Updated bathrooms (one of the best showers we had while in the UK).
Now, the concerns-
-It took three emails prior to our visit before someone from the hotel responded to our request to confirm our reservation.
-If you travel by car (probably not a good idea in Edinburgh) be prepared to park blocks away at a shopping center and carry your luggage from there. If you come by train or bus, you can arrive right nearby.
-Don't know if our room was typical or not (we got a cheap rate through a travel website), but it was really, really small.
-There's no elevator from the street level entrance to the lobby/registration area. Getting the luggage up those stairs was a bit of a chore for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland