Location fantastic - but nearly everything else lets this hotel down, no free wifi , the additional deposit (and note Leon Knightley below who has never responded to a complaint letter states they do not charge the card. This is a blatant lie - if you do not hava a card you must pay cash and if they do not charge then why are so many guests being told they are.
Never been asked in hotels around the world for any money up front when you are not planning on using any extras or paying as you go. Really dispaointed with the service given what could be a gem is sadly not!
The indigo round the corner is only slightly more expensive has free wifi, air con , higher standards and does not ask for cash depsosits!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland