Hotel is looking tired. Arrived in the early hours of the morning and were dumped in a twin room (having asked for a double) under the eaves. hot and noisy - no fans , no aircon., no fridge or minibar. Breakfast poor if you're vegetarian. Staff totally disinterested and casual. Little choice except for full English - no fruit - only grapefruit - no veggy options.
Reception staff were nice and helpful but hotel feels as if management is very hands off. Attention to detail is poor and if it wasn't for the great location I'd say you could do a lot better in Edinburgh for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland