The Old Waverley Hotel
US$329
US$215
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
US$849
US$683
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$126
US$118
Agoda.com
2,229 results
All reviewsscott monumentprinces streetgreat locationtrain stationfirst flooredinburgh castlechristmas marketcorner roomtour busestriple roomyour luggagecentral locationbuffet breakfastprincess stnice bathroomreception areashort break
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This lovely hotel was so convenient for the station, all the shops and the central for all the things to see and do in Edinburgh. Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely lounge overlooking Edinburgh, quiet inside and kit clean and tidy. The only thing that prevented it getting the full 5 star rating from me was the flight of stairs on arrival which was a bit difficult with a suitcase. Once registered in though there is of course lifts to all the other floors. Lovely hotel, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Views at the front, quieter at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeneps3
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at The Old Waverley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am more than happy to see that our location was more than suitable for your needs and that you found our staff friendly and professional. We do have a notification included on our website in regards to the stairs to the reception, however you can always ring a bell at the bottom of the stairs and someone from reception can help you with the suitcases. Thank you once again for the high rating and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hotel was in a very convenient position Central and near the Information centre,station,and Tour buses.Staff were very helpful and a porterage service was offered .There were some down sides to this hotel.Our room was very cramped and apart from a hanging rail there was nowhere to store clothes.I guess most people ,like us ,are not staying for long.We also had a frosted window as there were building works behind the hotel and presumably the view was terrible!However the extremely comfortable beds ,constant hot water,excellent TV and good food more than made up for the negatives.I would definitely be prepared to stay there again but not for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not look out over the building site which is scheduled to continue for many months.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at The Old Waverley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is great to read that you are highlighting our central location and that you have enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel and found it very good. It is very central so no need for a car. The room was very clean and comfortable although a bit dated. The bathroom was nicely finished and very clean and it had the highest sink I have ever used!

Room Tip: Our room was at the front and we had a great view of the fireworks over the Castle
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is great to see that you have enjoyed our accommodation and your stay in Edinburgh. We do hope you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I spent one night here and I chose it because of the fantastic location and decent price. The staff was nice, the room had character and was comfortable (a bit dated though), the bathroom was amazing and it was clean. Yes, it is noisy, but I don't understand why people are complaining about it like they are surprised. I mean it sits right on one of the major thoroughfares of the city and is right next to Waverly Bridge where all the buses are, what do you expect? I am a light sleeper so I used a white noise app on my phone and I was fine.

Overall I thought it was a nice place to stay for the price and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I asked for a room with air conditioning. I felt that I had paid for a room with air conditioning. Bottom line: no air conditioning. Is there a reduced fee for not getting what is requested? There are 27 steps before getting to the reception desk. The staff are available to assist with luggage. Finally, the lift is available.

Room Tip: I did not get what I was very specific about. I don't know how to help someone else under these circumstances.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo