Check-in easy & quick. Reception & concierge staff very friendly. Our room was lovely, very clean & comfortable. Breakfast pretty good apart from my order not being quite right on 2nd morning but I didn't mention it to the staff, I'm quite sure they would have corrected it if I'd asked. Location good, we got a taxi to the hotel from waverly train station when we arrived because it was raining but otherwise walked everywhere. The reason I booked this hotel was because a lot of other hotels more central had comments regarding lots of noise at night, this was not a problem here, didn't seem to be any nightclubs etc around, bit of road noise but if you're that fussy I guess you'd be better not to stay in a city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Lastminute, Superbreak UK, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland