Another great late rooms bargain, with breakfast. Excellent selection. First class quality sausages and the famous Stornoway Black Pudding. Good coffee and selection of fruit etc. Toast was made from decent bread. Rooms are spacious, could do with a lick of paint and thats the only reason I am not giving this a full 5* rating. If you have the car, on site parking is £20. I came by train. Not too far from Waverley - £6 cab fare if you have luggage, otherwise walk - 15 mins. Near the Scottish Parliament, Arthur's seat and Old Town attractions. I was there on business but Edinburgh is beautiful. Never bore of it. Well done at this hotel. Great staff, great breakfast - give 502 a lick of paint and you get the full stars from me. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland