Lovely hotel - great location for stroll to castle/Princes street shopping.
Must admit I was worried by trip advisor comments, and even tried to cancel my booking, but really pleased I didn't.
Hotel fantastic. Yes, no doubt it will benefit from updating rooms, but lobby and restaurant are great.
All staff lovely & friendly. Frank the concierge was great.
We booked a massage at the Spa & Lyn was amazing,
All told, a great location
One small gripe - no sky TV, so after an afternoon shopping & whilst waiting for Mrs C to get ready for dinner, I had channels 1 to 5 and price-drop TV to choose from
It may sound like a small thing, but was disappointing
They said, top rate service, and definitely a hotel is return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Prestigia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland