Busy hotel in Edinburgh near the Royal Mile. We're staying here because we have a meeting round the corner in the morning. The room was comfortable, noisy fan for the heating, and decrepit armchairs, broken cup on the tray - bit lacking in attention to detail. Booked the dinner package - great value at this time of year. The food was good. Served the wrong drink - lack of attention to detail again. Breakfast was the most "gruelling" experience... the porridge was completely disgusting (don't even try it) - you couldn't even put up wallpaper with this bowl of brown lumpy, watery, mush. Clearly not a Scottish chef. I make mine overnight in the Aga and it's heavenly. Go for the continental if you stay here... Overall average, average and average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland