Stayed for 1 night, nice hotel, furnishings nice, although small things let it down slightly (broken lid on bin in bathroom, given someone else's dinner and drinks bill) , nothing that in any way would ruin our stay, location was good if you are happy to walk, just off the royal mile.
Service was very good - all staff attentive, polite and happy.
Room nicely furnished and very clean, comfy bed.
Breakfast was delicious - freshly prepared fruit, cereals pastries and lovely cooked breakfast with cafatierre of coffee
Would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland