We stayed here 3 weeks ago. My wife myself and our 3 kids. We had a family room which contained a double, two singles and a small sitting room with a sofa bed. We were really pleased with the size.
If you are staying with kids be careful with the windows. Make sure they are closed properly as ours was slightly open and our daughter managed to climb on the large window sill. Had we not got her in time she would have fallen out as they open down the way.
The beds aren't the comfiest but they are ok. Room was nice and clean but was quite dated.
Toiletries were in the room (more than enough for the 5 of us which was great).
the pool is lovely as was the attendant, who my wife enjoyed flirting with.
The breakfast was amazing but the hot food was quite small portions. If you are a woman you also need to stipulate that you want two eggs as they automatically bring one. Which is quite annoying given that my wife is bigger than me and she ate some of mine. She was able to fill up more on the huge selection of fruit yogurts pastries and cakes.
It was only after checking out that we realised we should have had a £10 credit for booking the hotel direct and this was given to us.
I don't think it was value for money. We paid £160 for one night but for a four star hotel with a pool and family room (Apex International) and views of the castle, we only paid £115 a night for us all. Parking is also £20 a night which is £8 dearer than Apex too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland