After having a great experience of 3 weeks in the Macdonald Houston house hotel in Livingston, the Holyrood had a lot to live up to. From the first moment I arrived at 10.30pm on Sunday 16th February it looked like they were determined to rise to the challenge and it was impressive that the staff seemed to know the comments I had left on trip adviser regards their competitor. First impressions were good with modern reception area and a bar area that had a good feel/ buzz about it. "Jodie" greeted us with a warm friendly approach and was to work with us for the 5 days we were there(sometimes from 6am until 8pm on the same day) which made our stay memorable for all the right reasons "Holyroods answer to frank" for those that read my report last week. The rooms were fab and thanks for putting me on the 6th floor which had been recently renovated as my room was modern, bathroom fab and having my curtains closed at night as well as my covers turned down with a mint on my pillow "well I felt like royalty". Our food whether during the day at our conference facilities or at night in the restaurant was fantastic however we had to wait a couple of hours on 2 nights even tho the restaurant wasn't very busy which was a disappointment. Holyrood also have a "Frank" to look after you during your stay, even tho I only met him a couple of times, our delegates spoke highly of him. Overall I had another great experience at a Macdonald hotel, this time tho the bedrooms were very modern, there was a great atmosphere in the bar and I need to praise "Jodie Graham" who takes pride in her job as conference and banqueting manager with her customers at the centre of everything she does."thank you"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland