Modern hotel that was located in a quite area but close enough to walk to all the attractions in Edinburgh.
The rooms on our floor had just been reburbished and were all very comfortable and spacious.
The only slight niggle was that the new wetrooms (no baths) had the rain forest type shower head fixed to the ceiling and when you had a shower water was spraying out onto the floor and door of the bathroom.
Staaf were very helpful and breakfast was excellent. (This was the only meal we had in the hotel)
Overall a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland