We stayed in this hotel for two nights the middle of may. We had never been to Edinburgh and wanted a nice, clean, friendly hotel close to the royal mile.
The macdonald at holyrood was prime location and was pararell to the royal mile. The hotel was clean, welcoming, friendly and the rooms were extremely spacious. It had recently had a makeover and the impact means it feels fresh and as if it's brand new.
We had a few problems with the tv in the room with the fact the remote didn't work. The staff accommodated us quickly and efficiently.
There was a young gentleman in the bar who was friendly and not only did he help with travel and attraction tips. The young man realised that my husband and myself were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and brought over some complimentary glasses of champagne which was a lovely gesture.
Few hints and tips:
We took bus 30 from the airport, paid £1.50 thinking it was the cheaper option tho it took us nearly an hour to get to the hotel. I would recommend paying out for a taxi if you are expecting a quick ride
We visited edinburgh zoo and it was one of the best things we did there. The pandas and the kolas well worth the visit.
Arthurs seat is worth the trek but is not easy going so go prepared with good shoes and water.
We ate at the hard rock cafe and it was a Monday night and we had to wait to be seated tho was fairly quick. Good food and service...worth a trip
We also ate at a pub on the royal mile called the mitre bar.
The fish and chips is a particular speciality and would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland