Stayed here with my wife on our anniversary weekend in March this year and although they were carrying out repairs and improvements for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, it did not detract from a fantastic stay. our room with very comfortable bed was excellent and the food in their restaurant was delicious. The staff, from the restaurant to the bar staff and the front desk were fantastic, with a particular mention for Laura Burns because she was amazing and seemed to be everywhere, any time you needed her. If I plan a future weekend in Edinburgh then it will definitely be at this hotel. Coupled with the enjoyment of all this is the location because if you wish to see historical Edinburgh then this is the hotel to be staying in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland