Three rooms for two nights at Hogmanay. Service was very good, and attentive, even at this extremely busy time of year. Didn't do the restaurant because there are some other spectacular restaurants within walking distance. Because it's tucked away, it's very quiet (even on Dec 31st), but it's only 100 yards from the Royal Mile. Rooms very clean and tidy. Breakfast was good with the hot stuff served to your table , none of this hot buffet nonsense, which is usually luke warm or not there... Not cheap, but check out the prices at the Travelodge at New Year, and it seems like a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland