We stayed here last weekend, and thought the hotel was really good. The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is a short walk to the royal mile although taxi's are available (metered-although very cheap). The hotel is round the corner from the Queens palace and parliament buildings, and opposite 'arthurs seat'.
Next door to the hotel is pizza express and two nice bars. If you walk up the passage by pizza express you will find a starbucks which was very handy as we didn't book breakfast at the hotel. The staff were very helpful with taxi bookings and advice on where to go. Swimming pool & gym looked nice although we didn't have time to do either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland