Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and i have just returned home from a 2 night stay at the Bruntsfield Hotel. This was a gift we received at Christmas time. We decided that we needed a break so this was an ideal opportunity. Having read some of the reviews as regards parking i did not relish a 4 hour drive to then find out that i had to hunt around for somewhere to park. My fears were unfounded because when we arrived we had no problems parking. We received a warm welcome when we entered the Bruntsfield by the young lady on reception. She answered any questions that we put to her and immediately we knew we were going to enjoy our stay. Our room was very clean and up to the standard that we expected it to be. There was an extractor fan which ran all day. This did not deter myself or my wife from sleeping when it was time for bed. The aroma which i presume was coming from the kitchen made us both look forward to our dinner on our first night there. We dined well. We both had an excellent sleep and were both ready for a day sight-seeing in Edinburgh. The 1st class full breakfast set us both up for the day. We enquired at reception about gettiing around Edinburgh and again the young lady was more than helpfull. She even offered discount tickets if we decided to go on one of the tour buses. We dined out on our second night but that was no reflection on the food served at the Bruntsfield. All in all i would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Edinbugh. My wife and i hope to go back there again someday.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was traveling in Scotland on business and came across the advert for this hotel. Pictures were great, quaint building with a historic feel. Reviews online weren't bad so combined with the affordable rates, I thought this would be a great place to stay for a couple of weeks while I finished up my business int he UK.

The building was old and musty, filled with carpets and drapes as old as Moses. The crapet and drapes were full of dust and my allergies were instantly triggered. The ventilation system is non-existent so one area fan blew the stale air around my stifling room. I literally had to stand outside for 2 hours in the middle of the night because the dust was overwhelming my asthma.

My assoicate's room had a sloped floor so the bed sat at an angle. Throughour the night she slowly slid across the bed. My bed was lumpy. There was also pink mildew in the showers that really grossed me out.

I do not recommend this place, even with the affordable prices. It is not clean enough and the air quality is very poor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank LaVonne O
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear LaVonne O

I have very carefully considered the issues you raise in your review following your recent stay with us. We are proud of the very positive reputation that we have with our guests and always strive to provide the very best quality customer experience at all times. You can therefore imagine how very dissappointed and surprised I was to read your comments in your review, I do not recognise our hotel in your review as the negative issues which you comment on are not issues with which I am familiar with at our hotel. They are certainly not commented on by other guests. We were not made aware of any problems that you were experiencing during your stay or when you checked-out.

However it is clear that you were very dissatisfied with your stay and we would therefore like to discuss this further with you. Please do contact me direct so that I can have an opportunity to deal with your complaint in a professional and appropriate manner.

Regards,

Russell Imrie
Managing Director
Queensferry Hotels

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Great Hotel, Nice room, Nice staff Great Location-Highly recommended for a stay in Edinburgh

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2012

An excellent hotel with very welcoming, friendly staff, clean spacious rooms and good breakfasts (despite what some of the other reviews state). The most comfortable bed we have ever slept in! Not in the centre of town but if you don't mind a short walk to the main attractions this is definitely the place to stay. There are good eating places within a stone's throw of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Ours was so quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Carparking available, one bus straight into the Royal Mile, one bus straight to Ocean Terminal or Royal Yacht Britannia, Courteous polite staff, breakfast included, wifi included. Can't ask for much more. Excellent value place. Would stay here again. Am still here as I write this review. If you stay here, you must dine at the Thai Lemongrass restaurant. One of the best Thai restaurants I've been to. Only about 5 minutes down from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our rooms were really big - nicely furnished and very clean. The staff was very helpful and patient with all our questions. They were prompt with getting us taxis and helped us store a lot of luggage. Wenchao at the front desk was super-nice. We would stay there again without question.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon W
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were in Edinburgh for one night for a concert at HMV Picturehouse which was about 15mins walk away. Helpful staff, swift check in and lovely room overlooking the park. The room was warm, Edinburgh was uncharacteristically warm but the room had a fan which was great. Slight problem with the shower in the morning but it was attended to swiftly. Breakfast was plentiful. I'm sorry we weren't staying longer and I would be happy to return to this hotel and stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family