BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #21 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have stayed here twice both for comedy events however one was a weekend trip for my 19th and one for a week holiday ending in a concert.
We stayed in 2 different rooms btu both were immaculate one was in the main room of the hotel the other out the way overlooking the conservatory of the restaurant. I love my bed and am definately a starfish sleeper, my partner managed to have space on the bed without pushing me over to get space. i loved the beds got lost in them. Im always worried when staying in a hotel as me and my partner are female and i know society still is not very accepting as i have stayed in plenty of places that look down on us and do not treat us as other guests. this hotel i have never experienced this which is partly why i enjoy it. they do not look down and are just as helpful and friendly. There is one girl (blonde hair young looking) who is extremely good she is very helpful always smiling and happy to help. Breakfast is good lovely to have haggis in the morning along with the works.

The only downside is when we went to the restaurant for an evening meal, we did feel the manager was trying to push us out and giving dissaproving looks asking us to pay for drinks and food before we had even had them and noting he did not do this with other people coming in the restaurant.

We wont be visiting the restaurant for evening meals (even though the food was good). We just wish we had not visited most of Edinburgh before (we only live an hour drive away) so we could keep coming back just to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Dear AdventurousJJ

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that you found the hotel comfortable and welcoming. I'm also delighted that you found our large beds particularly comfortable as the size and quality of our beds is an area that we pay particular attention to. I am of course less happy that you did not receive perfect service in our Bisque Brasserie and I apologise for that. I've addressed the issue and you have my assurance that if you visit us again, you will receive the quality of service you should expect. Thank you for your business and I hope to welcome you back sometime.

Yours sincerely

Russell Imrie
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hoylake, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We were truly amazed by the level of service at this lovely hotel, every single person we met was genuinely friendly and incredibly helpful. The bar was superbly stocked and the bar staff very knowledgeable, even about geology! Rooms were comfortable and food was enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

...Or maybe anywhere in Europe. As an American who has traveled all over the States, this hotel is just what I would expect from the best in my own country and sets the standard for hotels everywhere. Great staff and excellent food. Would come back here again when Im next in Scotland.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

Car park is tiny and cars tightly packed, (only about ten spaces!) so likely to end up paying across the road where you can only park for an hour at a time. Chose this hotel cos it had a car park so very disappointed that I couldn't park there. Also there was a lot of door banging at night which kept us awake. Doors far too loud so not relaxing. Would not recommend I'm afraid.

• Stayed June 2012
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Prawn1812

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay withn us. I am sorry that you found car parking at our hotel difficult. Our hotel has 27 car parking spaces and normally this is sufficient for our 67 bedrooms as not every guest travels by car. When our car park is full we are always as helpful as possible and allow our guests to double park and will make contact immediately a space becomes available. I understand how important car parking is in city centre hotels and as one of the closest hotels to the city centre with free car parking we find this ammenity a great asset to our guests. Many of our competitor hotels eiher have no car parking or charge by the hour. I also apologise that you were distrubed by other guests banging their bedroom doors.

Yours sincerely

Russell Imrie
Managing Director
Cavan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels in Edinburgh over the years and have finally found the one I will rerun to. Exceptional friendly service - check in staff were very friendly and efficient. Room looked like it had been recently redecorated in a lovely modern style. Room was clean and the bed was very very comfortable. Best of all free car parking- something which is difficult to find in Edinburgh hotels. Really enjoyed my stay here and will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank CavanGirlie
Cambs England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Having just spent the recent Jubilee weekend in Edinburgh, I can only say how glad we were to pick the Bruntsfield Hotel. Edinburgh was packed that weekend and the area around the High Street and Grassmarket were mobbed by locals and tourists alike. By picking our hotel we were just a short walk across the Links to the Grassmarket, including a stop at the Olde Golf Tavern it only took 20 mins to get to the heart of the action in town. But by bedding down at Tha Bruntsfield we were in a quiet area even though our room opened up on to the main road. An added bonus we were just up the road from "The Canny Mans " pub for those great sandwiches.

Great locality and superb hotel. Friendly and efficient, room ready on arrival and easy check out. The rooms were warm, clean and pleasant. The bar was spacious and welcoming and the prices were very good for a hotel £14 for 4 drinks is a lot better than I pay in England for the same! All the staff very friendly and polite and had time to talk to you. Certainly not an atmosphere of apathy for the clients I have experienced in chain owned hotels. Even free on site parking ... In the middle of Edinburgh!, that's how to do it.

So they can expect a return booking on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Make sure the lift works, or do not go above the 1 st floor. Not a problem for us fit chaps but afte...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Angmering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We wanted a short break in Edinburgh, in a hotel close to town! The Best Western, Bruntsfield was fantastic. We had a huge room, lovely comfy bed, powerful shower and free safe. The breakfast was great, buffet style fruit and cereal, with A la Carte options for cooked breakfast! I loved the haggis and potato scone, much to my surprise! The hotel was about a 15 min walk from the castle which was perfect and also just 2 mins to the bus stop for those who didn't want to walk. We ate at the hotel on our first night and it was lovely. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple