Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Good night sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Over the last few years I have stayed in several hotels in Edinburgh in relation to Business Trips, and the Best Western at Brunstfield Place has always provided me with a good sized, and clean room and offers an excellent cooked breakfast in the morning. And for those who like a good night’s sleep the beds and pillows are very comfortable.
Definitely recommend as a good place to stay

Room Tip: The rooms higher up tend to be quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear NickandLindsey

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay with us. The comfort of our beds and the quality of our breakfast are the two areas which we take most care of as we understand how important these two issues are to our guests. I'll certainly make sure that your positive comments are passed to those who are directly involved in these areas. Thank you for your continued business.

Your sincerely

Russell Imrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I have been going to and staying at the Best Western Bruntsfield for 20 years. We have seen it develope into a very comfortable and well priced Hotel over those years. There are still staff there we met on our first stay, and we always receive a warm welcome.

We always stay in one of the "old house" rooms, and one thing we enjoy is the quirkiness and style of these rooms, which were completely refurbished a few years ago.

Our latest trip was last weekend, and we ate in the Bisque Restaurant on Sunday evening. I enjoyed one of the best Rib Eye steaks I have ever had.

The Hotel is not in the centre of Edinburgh, but opposite the Bruntsfield Links, giving the hotel a very open aspect at the front. Princess Street is only a brisk ten minutes walk away.

Many thanks to the staff at the hotel for another very friendly and enjoyable week end.

Brian Beggs Northern Ireland

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear brian b

Thank you for much for your kind comments following your most recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you back and we are very grateful for your continued business after so many years. I'll certainly make sure that your comments are passed on to all the familiar faces that know you. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights (2 adults & 2 kids aged 9 & 12) in two connecting rooms, a queen room for the adults and twin room for the kids. The rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. The wifi was not working that well in our room unfortunately. The breakfast was excellent having a choice of both cold & hot food. We had dinner in their restaurant two nights and that was very good. The staff were very helpful with bus information etc. They had a great laundry option where they would send off a whole bag of washing for a very reasonable price and it would come back in the evening washed, dried and folded. The location was good. The bus was very handy to catch into the city centre and on a couple of occasions we walked all the way back to the B&B - very pleasant walk. Would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Berkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel was booked for me by the company I was visiting so it wasn't my choice, however scanning through the recent reviews, it would be a hotel I'd choose. Staff were all friendly, room was large and clean, a little cold the first night but down to me not turning the heating up from the very low setting it was on when I arrived. Breakfast was a real disappointment, I'd like to think a hotel of this standard would serve local produce, and use reasonable quality ingredients. The menu made it all sound so good, but what a let down. I had the fried breakfast the first morning, left half of it as did the guest on the table next to me, the second morning I opted for porridge, which was marginally better. I felt breakfast was put together with the budget of a 2 star. I would stay again, but without the breakfast.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear jbeton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I was very disappointed to read that the quality of your breakfast did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in serving a high quality, locally sourced breakfast, which is regularly complimented by our guests. Your comments have resulted in a full review as any variation in breakfast quyality is not acceptable to me. Thank you for your feedback, please accept my apologies and I assure you that your breakfast at any future stay will be of the standard and quality you shoulod expect.

Yours sincerely
Managing Director
Inverurie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great rooms which are large and modern. Superb breakfast. Very central for all of Edinburgh. You would struggle to get another hotel of this quality centrally. Stay here on both business and leisure and we love it.

• Stayed April 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have stayed at best western hotels every time I have gone away for the last 18 month and have always been happy with every aspect of the hotels. The staff are ALWAYS lovely and very helpful and this stay was all I hoped it would be, VERY CLEAN GREAT CHOICE FOR BREAKFAST AND THE RESTAURANT SERVED LOVELY MEALS AT REASONABLE PRICES. Great location for town centre with a bus service just outside so no need for the car and it was only 5minutes on the bus.I dont even look for other hotels now I am very happy with best western group so dont feel the need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dumfries, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I start by saying that I had no problem with the hotel itself(apart from the fact that the rooms where a little warm). Fine amenities, clean, good location and well stocked. The problem for me during my stay was the front of house staff. On my check in, the lady at the desk was quite abrupt and seemed more interested in getting me to put my signature on a form than actually welcoming me to the hotel. Then through out my 3 night stay at the hotel, each time I would return to the hotel and the reception was maned I would be given a very rude stare of disapproval from the staff. I know I am probably not the sort of person they tend to get staying at their establishment (I had been camping for a week and hadn't shaved, and was in mostly my walking gear, so was a little scruffy) but does this really warrant disapproving stares each time I pass through the reception. Surely, by the end of the first night, they must have known I was a guest and not some random person wondering in off the street. In all this made me feel very uncomfortable. Needless to say, the next time I am in Edinburgh I will find myself a hostel where I might find a little more of a friendly welcome, and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tikitoura
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Tikitoura,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. The comments concerning a poor staff attitude from some of our reception team are certainly not the standards we normally achieve (as you will see from many other reviews). It is particularly dissapointing that we have not provided our normal standard of service to you.

Our General Manager, Garry Field, has personally revisited our staff training programme to stress the importance of a warm, friendly yet professional welcome at all times to all our guests from all our staff members. It would never be our intention to make guests feel uncomfortable during their stay and it is clear that we have let ourselves down on this occasion. Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies.

Your sincerely,