“Nothing to much trouble”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #21 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Nothing to much trouble”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent hotel. Staff were all lovely. Very helpful and they went out of their way to make our stay a real pleasure. Rooms a good size and nicely decorated. Food in bar and restaurant very good. About 15-20 mins walk from Princess Street and down hill on way in. Would defiantly stay again

Room Tip: Not many car parking spaces. We got there early and got parked for free
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gardencottagesue
garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Gardencottagesue.
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Comfortable hotel and beds. Staff were brilliant. Woke up to a cold shower. It did take 30 minutes to sort out so missed breakfast. Not a problem though. Reception called down and the kitchen cooked me a fresh full 'Scottish'. Stayed in room 140 the double swinging doors outside the room could do with some fire latches. Bit annoying being woken up by all the staff and other guests walking through from 7am.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rich_b1976
Dear Rich_b1976
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and apologise for the cold shower. On that morning we had gale force winds and the pilot light had blown out. Look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

From our reception to the farewell,it was a lovely experience. First class touches,like lambswool tartan bedthrows,home made shortbread,and speciality teas,were appreciated. An ideal location,a short walk to the centre,and a lively local scene, Breakfast was excellent. Free on site parking Certainly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank steviegs
Dear steviegs.
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you found the hotel a lovely experience and look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here following a wedding reception at the same hotel. Everything was lovely, from start to finish. When we drove into the car park we couldn't find a parking space, so I popped into reception to ask for advice on where to leave the car. The manager immediately came out and moved his car so that we could get in. Once we were there we didn't need to use the car, though, as the hotel is on a very good bus route to the city centre, about ten to fifteeen minutes away. Our room was great - cosy and clean, and very spacious, as were the bed and the en-suite. Staff were really helpful, breakfast was good. All in all it made an ideal venue for a wedding reception.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Broughster
Dear Broughster
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am plaesed you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently crashed on the floor of the room where one of my work colleagues was staying in as I was meant to get the last train back to Glasgow after a work night out.

I'd had a few drinks beforehand and fell asleep on the carpet and woke up not long after. In my state I thought I was in my own room when I awoke and walked outside and the door closed behind me before I realised what had happened. I ended up disorientated and lost track of which room I was in so fell asleep in a chair. I was freezing and only had a t-shirt on and trousers (good job I had something on!).

I was woken up by one of the staff asking nicely what room I was from...At the time I couldn't remember and couldn't remember the name of my colleague...by this point, I'm sure most places would have thoght I was just some random drunk and thrown me out...the chap that I was talking to came back with a blanket (bless him) and let me stay on the chair and I went back to sleep until not long after he came back with a key to a spare room and let me stay there without asking me for any money for a deposit or anything!!!

I was too emabarresed in the morning to say anything and just quietly went back to Waverly and caught a train back home.

I can't thank the Bruntsfield and their staff enough and can only say that if anyone was considering staying there then they'd be in amazingly good hands.

Thanks Bruntsfield from the bottom of my heart.

Graeme.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Graeme A
garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Graeme A. Thank you for your review following your recent visit. Tomas had mentioned the story you have told and I am pleased he handled the situation correctly. Hopefully the next time you stay you will go through the correct channels.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have to say what a please it was to stay here. For less than the price of a well known group of travel hotels/inns you can stay here. Fantastic staff, my particular thanks to Robert the barman for making me feel welcome, appreciated and special. He truly is a credit to the hotel. The rooms are of a generous size, well appointed, clean and comfortable. The food in the Bisque restaurant was very good. It was nice to see a different range of beers on offer in the bar as well. Made such a change from the usual run of the mill stuff. Breakfast was a pleasure, good selection of both hot and cold choices.

Will I stay here again? I most certainly will!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gengis10000
garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Gengis 1000
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to Robert. Once again thanks.