“Shhhhhhhh don't tell everybody”

Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am a bit afraid to leave my comments just in case next time I want to visit they are fully booked!!! I regularly stay in Edinburgh and recently I have stayed at the Sheraton. My last 2 stays at the Sheraton were disappointing so I thought I would try somewhere else. The Brunstfield is lovely, very clean, good food and excellent staff. Cannot recommend this hotel enough - but please don't make it fully booked when I want to visit next.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Jax s. Many thanks for your review following your last visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the room and staff excellent. I look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hotel is in a good location ,step out of the hotel and a 150 yards down the hill and you can get a bus to princes street and you can start to explore from there. The hotel lives up to it's name "BEST WESTERN" .Nice bed good shower and the breakfast was excellent .The staff were very helpful and could give us directions and tell us how to get to get their.I will be back again

Room Tip: staff very helpfull
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alex 2397.
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you thought the bed, shower and breakfast was excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay here for Hogmanay 2013. The location is just outside city center. Five min cab ride, or about a 15-20 min walk. There is a restaurant attached to the facility, I didnt eat there, so i can't comment on the food. I walked into the room and was blown away at how big it actually was! There was a nice comfy chair near the window, and a desk with plenty of work space, if needed. The bathroom was a pretty decent size as well. The staff were extremely friendly. Several food places are nearby, so whatever you fancy, I'm sure there is something for you. I had a bit of an issue with the cleanliness of my sheets upon my arrival (I always pull the covers back first thing) I went to reception and spoke with the LOVELY Chris working the desk. IMMEDIATELY he started working to get my sheets changed. I literally stepped off the elevator and had the manager, Gary, waiting at my door to observe my complaint. It was handled within a matter of minutes. (10, I counted lol) Everyone was extremely apologetic, I think they made a bigger deal out of it than I did. I left during the day for a short spell and left the DND sign on, the housekeeping staff left me loads of towels, toiletries, etc, in a bag on the door!!! In all of my hotel stays, never had that happen! LOVE LOVE LOVE the staff and service, I would DEF stay again, and recommend folks staying!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Ryan F Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Edinburgh. I am pleased you enjoyed your hogmany visit and your problem was sorted out quickly. Best wishes for 2014

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Location is superb for exploring our capital. Castle, Museum, Art Gallery all within a few minutes by taxi or bus. Three buses serve this area and the ticket cost is low.
The hotel is without question one of the cleanest and friendliest we have stayed in. Big room hot shower and comfy bed. Breakfast served by charming staff. Cosy lounge for afternoon tea. Great pubs and eateries close by.
Our third visit and cannot wait to have an excuse to return.

Room Tip: All seem fine. Rear rooms are very peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Dear David H
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the bedroom clean and the staff friendly. Looking forward to your fourth visit.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I spent one night at the Best Western Bruntsfield hotel, it is on the hill near the park and there are many shops, restaurants and pubs near-by.

The hotel looks very old inside but it is charming anyway. I had to walk through a dedalus of corridors and stairs to reach my room, clearly moving from the main building into smaller side buildings interconnected.

The room was spacious and confortbale, though looking old or old-style anyway. Toilet appliances looked a bit aged too.

Anyway sleep quality was very very good and I also had good food at the hotel restaurant itself.

Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear AGall0 Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit. We are continually refurbishing the hotel and our next phase is due to start next month with carpets and beds. Thank you once again for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield Hotel

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Warm welcome. comfy spacious rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast, dining and bar facilities, Only 15 minute walk into town. A couple of minor decoration issues but nothing to detract from the overall pleasantness of the hotel. The staff were great even though they did get me onto a new whiskey, but I suppose I will get used to it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear 1961
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and best wishes for 2014.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Bruntsfield is lovely area close to the castle, Usher Hall and the Meadows. Bit of a walk into town perhaps 15 mins. We upgraded to a superior room with view over the park. Decor was a bit tired but the room itself was comfortable and warm and very spacious. We ordered wine and canapés upon arrival. This was well received and good value for money. The hotel staff were attentive and helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was very acceptable and again the staff in the restaurant were very friendly. All in all a good option for business or extended stay in Edinburgh. We have stayed here before and would continue to use it.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the park worth paying extra for
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple