“High standards at a very good price”

Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #21 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A simply stunning find right in the heart of the City. Great service, super food and a really wonderful room, all for £58! What more could you ask for? Breakfast and Dinner were both excellent and great value for money too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Derek R. Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you received great service, super food and a wonderful room. Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield Hotel.
lanark
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Almost reluctant to offer this review - tempted to keep this experience to ourselves! We booked a last minute Friday night reservation directly with the hotel website and were delighted with the value it represented. A superior room, clean and comfortable with king size bed as well as single bed in adjoining (open archway) space; huge bath and separate shower; view over the links. Very good breakfast, free newspaper of choice, free parking. All for £73 - can't complain at that! We'll be back.....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sunloverLanark. Many thanks for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you found your stay good value and look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was in Edinburgh for 2 days during the week of 11 January and stayed at the BW Plus. The location was a good walk to the popular destinations but is not a big deal. Additionally, the hotel is located close to Three Birds and Montpeliers, both excellent dining choices. I took a train in from St. Andrews and departed at the Haymarket Station. Because the weather was nice, I simply walked from the station and the trip was only about 15 minutes on foot. Location is good as long as you are okay to walk.

Additionally, the staff was very friendly and had my room well before the check in time. The breakfast and bar are also nice and located within the hotel.

Overall, a delightful stay in a wonderful city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear David M Many thanks for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly. As you state we are not far from Haymarket station and Bruntsfield area has some lovely artisan shops.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am a bit afraid to leave my comments just in case next time I want to visit they are fully booked!!! I regularly stay in Edinburgh and recently I have stayed at the Sheraton. My last 2 stays at the Sheraton were disappointing so I thought I would try somewhere else. The Brunstfield is lovely, very clean, good food and excellent staff. Cannot recommend this hotel enough - but please don't make it fully booked when I want to visit next.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jax s. Many thanks for your review following your last visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the room and staff excellent. I look forward to your next visit.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hotel is in a good location ,step out of the hotel and a 150 yards down the hill and you can get a bus to princes street and you can start to explore from there. The hotel lives up to it's name "BEST WESTERN" .Nice bed good shower and the breakfast was excellent .The staff were very helpful and could give us directions and tell us how to get to get their.I will be back again

Room Tip: staff very helpfull
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alex 2397.
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you thought the bed, shower and breakfast was excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay here for Hogmanay 2013. The location is just outside city center. Five min cab ride, or about a 15-20 min walk. There is a restaurant attached to the facility, I didnt eat there, so i can't comment on the food. I walked into the room and was blown away at how big it actually was! There was a nice comfy chair near the window, and a desk with plenty of work space, if needed. The bathroom was a pretty decent size as well. The staff were extremely friendly. Several food places are nearby, so whatever you fancy, I'm sure there is something for you. I had a bit of an issue with the cleanliness of my sheets upon my arrival (I always pull the covers back first thing) I went to reception and spoke with the LOVELY Chris working the desk. IMMEDIATELY he started working to get my sheets changed. I literally stepped off the elevator and had the manager, Gary, waiting at my door to observe my complaint. It was handled within a matter of minutes. (10, I counted lol) Everyone was extremely apologetic, I think they made a bigger deal out of it than I did. I left during the day for a short spell and left the DND sign on, the housekeeping staff left me loads of towels, toiletries, etc, in a bag on the door!!! In all of my hotel stays, never had that happen! LOVE LOVE LOVE the staff and service, I would DEF stay again, and recommend folks staying!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Ryan F Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Edinburgh. I am pleased you enjoyed your hogmany visit and your problem was sorted out quickly. Best wishes for 2014