“super stay - wished I could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #24 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Channel Islands
“super stay - wished I could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Just stayed one night but everything was perfect. I was allocated a lovely room with a very comfortable bed, and a great bathroom complete with large bath and separate walk in shower. we had dinner in the brasserie, which was comfortably full but the service was excellent and the food very good. I wondered if the room would be noisy as it was front facing but I didn't hear a thing and slept very well. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice on the buffet as well as the cooked options. The hotel is a little away from the centre but we walked right into the centre in about 20 minutes as other reviewers have said. Great stay and I hope I get the chance to visit Edinburgh and this hotel again before too long.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rebem
garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear rebem
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel with special mention for the bathroom and restuarant. Hopefully next time you will be able to stay longer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Bruntsfield several times, we have always found the rooms to be very comfortable, if a little too hot, but this was easily rectified by turning the radiator off. The breakfast is very substantial with lots of choice of cold and hot food. We have stayed in both standard and superior rooms and would always opt for the latter as they are much bigger, with a better bathroom. however the standard room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel have the best views over a park, however they are on a main road...
1 Thank Now60something
garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear 50somethinghaha
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the room comfortable and the breakfast substantial.
I look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is one of the nicest I have stayed in in the UK. It's location was great for us as we didn't want to be right in the city but we didn't want to have to drive. You are able to walk into the centre in about 15 to 20 minutes there are a few nice pubs and little bistro's to eat in. All the staff were lovely especially the ladies that served us breakfast they could not do enough for us very attentive you don't get that very often these days. We cant wait to come and stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Limoncell
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your kind comments.I look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Lovely hotel, although it is obviously an older building it manages to create a great blend of modern and traditional. The room we stayed in was spacious and spotless, the bed was the most comfortable I have experienced in a hotel and the bathroom was modern with a great shower and good selection of toiletries. In room wi-fi was excellent although the TV was a bit infuriating as there seemed to be quite a delay between pressing the remote buttons and the TV reacting. The staff were friendly and helpful with housekeeping being especially efficient. Nice bar with good selection of wine (although prices more hotel than bar). Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this hotel on our next visit to Edinburgh. PS I feel I should also give a mention to Jess at booking centre in York who could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Compared to other hotel booking centres that I contacted (eg Hilton and Mercure) Best Western are in a completely different league.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear GR
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and found your room comfortable and clean. Not sure why there was a delay from remote to television but we will work at a solution. Look forward to welcoming you back alter in the year.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights here in February the hotel is friendly comfortable and without that hermetically sealed air-con atmosphere - the bedroom windows even open to allow for fresh Scottish air! I have walking difficulties which is why I came up for Physio and Chris in reservations gave me a really great room near the lift and with views over Edinburgh to the Firth of Forth. I had a four poster bed which was way to big for me but incredibly comfy, the TV's in the room were a good screen size, easy to use seemed to have a great choice of Freeview channels. Another clever trick is they always switch on with mute volume, so no nasty surprises to you or the next door room! Everyone is really helpful and the service was great in particular room service which was delivered extremely quickly with a smile.
I ate in the fabulous Bisque restaurant, the menu choices are varied and yummy, lots of Scottish dishes and a particularly good fish soup. I never felt out of place travelling alone. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel if you want unpretentious comfort and easy access to the city which is about a 6-7 minute taxi or bus ride.
I'm definitely coming back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sweepea55
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and that Chris looked after you. I agree the fish soup is yummy. Hope the physio went well and look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Have just returned from a very enjoyable and relaxing 3 night stay at the Bruntsfield.
On Friday the check in was quick and efficient with smiling friendly staff - our twin room was large and spotlessly clean with a lovely view of the castle.( Room 143 )
We ate 2 nights in bisque and the service was first class and the food very good, the cooked breakfast in a morning were certainly amongst the best we had ever eaten.
Beds were very comfortable and we both slept very well after busy days taken in Edinburgh's many sights.
The hotel is well situated for a enjoyable short walk into the centre of Edinburgh and there is a good choice of pubs and restaurants near the hotel - we had a drink or two in Bennets Bar and ate 1 night in The Blackbird both very enjoyable.
Edinburgh itself has so many attractions we visited Camera Obsura ( Brilliant ), Scottish Whiskey Experience ( warming on a cold afternoon ), Mary Kings Close ( fascinating ) and Evita at the Playhouse ( grand old theatre ).
We thoroughly loved our stay in Edinburgh and when we return we will definitely stay at the Bruntsfield again - it was first class and absolute value for money.

Sean and Pat - Doncaster

Room Tip: Only saw our room but it was faultless.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
garryfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Sean R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your three day break and thank you for your comments about Bisque. Hopefully you never saw all the attractions in the city and you may be tempted to return later in the year.