1,650 results
All reviews city centre bisque brasserie lovely hotel good size room was large superior room four poster bed lovely room princes street cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent good nights sleep reception staff bus stop royal mile excellent stay family room
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bruntsfield.
It is located in the west end of Edinburgh- a beautiful part of the city with large green spaces, and ample shops and restaurants in the area. It’s a nice residential area to walk in.
The hotel rooms were spacious, and clean.
The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions.
The breakfasts were very good.
Thank you for the excellent service provided by all!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jason D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our team takes great pride in. I will pass on your kind words and thanks to the team as they do value your feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Omg what can I say . We got married here on the 22/06/18 and can say from the night before we got married till the morning after we were married the hotel staff could not do enough for us . On the actually wedding day it was second to none . If you are looking for a small intamit wedding this is your place . We got married in the concervitory which has a lovely small gareden off it which cause it was a gorgeous day we spent a lot off time outside In The sun which was amazing the disco at night was brilliant don’t think I stopped smiling the whole day .. . The wedding meal was amazing they were great with my grandchildren to . So 100% this was the best choice we made to start our life together xx

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jason D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Aileen,

Congratulations, thank you so much for your five star review and lovely comments regarding the hotel on your wedding day. The team here work incredibly hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy their wedding and stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Jason Doga,

Reviewed 23 June 2018

From the outside this hotel looks like a Scottish baronial house but the inside has been newly and carefully refurbished to a sleek ultra modern interior. My single room was high spec and the bathroom was beautiful, except it did not have a bath. I asked at reception and they allowed me to have a bath in a nearby empty room which went over and above what I expected. The bed was comfortable but there was a small square on the wall above it that was never explained. I pressed a coloured disc and nothing happened until bedtime and there was an eerie blue glow from under the false ceiling! Since blue does not elicit sleep I pressed it off again. Perhaps it's a "mood enhancer". Breakfast was superb with everything you would expect, except I did not spot porridge on the menu until I had filled up with fruit and croissants! There were a couple of niggles but the friendly manager put it down to renovation snags that will be fixed asap since I could still smell the lovely smell of the wooden floors when I came in.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Maggie,

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a short distance from the city centre, which is easily accessible by a frequent bus service. There is a wide range of shops and bistros nearby, so you don’t have to go far if you don’t want to eat in the hotel.

The hotel is housed in linked Victorian properties so the rooms have more character than the more modern alternatives. Having been recently refurbished, the decor is really nice. My room was more spacious than I expected and was spotless as well as comfortable.

The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Cate M

Dear Cate M,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here 2-14 May while visiting my son who is a university student. I needed a hotel close to his apartment. However there were many issues. I was put in the wrong room,a shabby"family room" with bunk beds instead of the Executive room I paid for. The housekeeping was sloppy (bottle cap under night stand) and the restocking of coffee making supplies hit or miss. There was endless construction in the Lobby leading to almost daily power outage s. No signs were posted on elevators or electric doors. I had to find my way to my room by the backstairs in a dark corridor, no emergency lighting. There is no ice machine and mini fridges are unheard of. I felt like I was camping in a construction site. The GM, Jason Doga,was difficult to meet with and by the end of my stay had actually done nothing to improve my opinion of his hotel. I had asked for a reduction in my (paid in full) bill at our meeting. By Checkout I had heard nothing from him and staff informed me no changes were made to my bill but they would be glad to have me stay with them in future at a 20 percent discount!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Russell I, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you experienced some issues during your stay with us that resulted in you not being fully satisfied. The hotel has been undertaking a renovation since January 2018, which is now complete, and we kept all guest interruption to an absolute minimum. I, along with all my manager team, are always available to discuss any issue with guests during their stay.

Your sincerely