1,660 results
All reviews city centre bisque brasserie lovely hotel good size superior room room was large four poster bed lovely room princes street cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent bus stop good nights sleep royal mile excellent stay family room haggis
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We attend an event in their private function suite to the right of the main entrance. I would highly recommend this place for multiple reasons:
1. The staff - they were so friendly, attentive and professional. The bar staff were friendly, the catering staff were extremely efficient and the manager was welcoming and professional. We had children running around and playing - which I sure was slightly disruptive to the waiters - but not at one moment did they appear to be bothered.
2. The food - the food was perfect. Lovely fresh sandwiches, accompanied by salmon, potatoes and vegetables. Very fresh, tasty and enough to go around.
3. The presentation - the room was beautifully presented, very clean, modern and lots of lovely finishing touches.
I would look no further if you are looking for a private dining/event in Edinburgh - the Bruntsfield Hotel will not fail to deliver everything you expect and more.
Thank you for ensuring such a lovely day was had by all.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Jason D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Foodie K,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our hotel and private function suite. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed food quality and service in the Cardoon suite.

Jason,

Reviewed 20 October 2018

We have stayed many times and have always found this hotel to be comfortable and clean. We noticed a complete overhaul of the entrance and foyer area of the hotel which made this more inviting. There were still complimentary short bread and water available.

Travelling as 3 adults, the hotel can accommodate sharing the one room, a family room, so this makes staying more enjoyable. There are also some car park spaces (on a first come first serve basis) and when bringing a car, we have always been able to utilize this for at least part of the stay.

We had breakfast and found this to be the usual good standard, with many choices and friendly staff.

We will stay again and recommend this to others wanting a good hotel with friendly staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jason D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear ms62,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and approve of our reception refurbushment.

I will pass on your thanks to the team as they do value your feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit Edinburgh.

Jason.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

hotel first class not far from city center but far enough to be quiet, this is a must see city great pubs, the castle is great value and a good day out, HMS Brittiania is also a must visit go on the bus very cheap and very reliable ,AVOID Holyrood palace not worth the effort in my opion

Date of stay: September 2018
Jason D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear 1490995Madmax08,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and all of our city attractions.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back when you returning to Edinburgh.

Jason

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Lovely hotel. Room was a good size and very clean. No noise. Good area facing a park with some nice shops in the surrounding area. About a 20 minute walk to Princes street but plenty of buses to jump on to get you there if you don't fancy walking. Breakfast was really good with a great choice. We sat by the window for breakfast and were treated to a view onto the courtyard with some squirrels hopping about. Couldn't ask for more!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear p3aud.

Thank you so much for your five star review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very rewarding to receive such positive feedback. I am so happy you enjoyed the breakfast quality and service.

Jason and squirrels.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

This is neither more or less, it's just average. I stayed here for 3 nights last weekend and found it to be O.K. It says City centre but it's rather a bit of centre to be correct. It's only a 10 minutes walk from Grassmarket but it will take you 20 to get to the Golden mile. One of the nice thing about the room is the bed. Really comfortable. But that's the only thing. Don't get me wrong. It's clean and the staff is courteous, but it's a bit warned down. Sometimes the breakfast can repair some faults the other facilities lack, but not this time. Unfortunately. The breakfast was actually one of the worst I have had in a long time. There's so many other Hotels closer to the city with better standard. Go for these instead.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Per D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your experience at the Bruntsfield hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us.

I hope that you will consider stay with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 0131 229 1393.

Jason.