“Handy for my conference,”

Apex Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #72 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Oldham
“Handy for my conference,”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights as it was convenient for both Haymarket Station and a conference at the Hilton Grosvenor.

Recently built. Compact clean, comfortable rooms. Good walk-in shower.

Breakfast at £10 reasonable value for money.

No problems. Unlikely to stay at that end of Edinburgh again. Usually stay nearer Wavelet.

• Stayed September 2013
VickyRigby, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi Jeremy,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Apex European Hotel, I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and was convenient for your conference.
There are 4 Apex Hotels located across the city, please visit our website for more information on their locations.
In the meantime, I do hope we will welcome you back very soon.
Vicky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, USA
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel in March 2012. The hotel is clean and modern. It can be accessed via a few buses. As two women (me and mom), we felt relatively OK in the area. However, the 2 blocks around are kind of dead after 6-7 PM, with very few choices of food. However, you can always get to the center and enjoy one of many food options there. This was my second stay in the Apex chain, and I'd stay at an Apex hotel again.

Oh, and we had breakfast in their restaurant, and it was pretty good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the hotel, I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and will hopefully see you again very soon.
Best Wishes
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

My friend and i stayed here for 4 nights.
We had a good experience. The staff was friendly. The room and hotel in general were clean. And it was nice and quiet at night.
The only problem we had was the window, we couldn't open it cause it was broken, but the weather was chilly so there was no need to open the window.
But overall quite good.
I do recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013
VickyRigby, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Apex European Hotel, it’s always a pleasure to read such positive feedback about the friendliness of our staff.
The maintenance and repair of the hotel is an ongoing project and I’d be grateful if you could email directly at Vicky.rigby@apexhotels.co.uk with details of your room so I can ensure the window is repaired.
In the meantime, I will look forward to welcoming you back
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel was in a good location on the fringes of the City Centre and provided good value for money, clean facilities and room and overall good experience.

The best part of it all was the ability to use their car park, which does not cost anything for guests. There are limited spots and definitely no guarantee of a spot, however if you plan your trip and are a little flexible is worth the effort if driving.

Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Apex European Hotel following your recent stay.
I was pleased to see you found the hotel to be of value for money and will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
aberdeen
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here because I was visiting Edinburgh for a friends 40th birthday (this being the one of the only places available due to the festival) - having stayed at the other Apex hotels in Edinburgh, as well as other Apex hotels in the group I fully expected this to be the weakest link - however I am happy to say that this is a fantastic hotel, food was excellent, staff couldn't do enough and all in all I loved every moment of my stay - the management and staff deserve a massive pat on the back for the way they made me feel about my stay - will be staying here every time going forward if available when visiting Edinburgh

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bizzboo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review of the Apex European Hotel, I was delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations and that all the staff made you feel welcome.
I hope you had fun at your friends 40th and will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Warmest Regards
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for the night. The room was clean, modern the shower room was a bit tired looking but perfectly functional and lovely Elemis toiletries. We had dinner in the restaurant. Service was not that good. They were pleasant enough, but not observant enough. We would not like to see how they cope with a full service. We arrived back quite late to our room, as we had been out most of the night at a party. The reception was very hostile. He asked to see our room cards before we could continue to proceed to the lift.We gave him our room number upon which his manner changed. Not sure what he thought of us but we certainly didn't like his style. I don't think we would stay here again as it's not the best location. There are a lot of horrid road works in Edinburgh at the moment too. Parking was a pain. The hotel car park is tiny and the staff use it too, so I wouldn't count on parking on site. We were advised to park in an area across the road, which is used by office during the week. It was that or the meter across the road, if you're happy to get up early in the morning to go refill it...

Room Tip: Don't bring the car.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angus_Plum
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review and providing me with valuable feedback following your stay.
I would like to assure you that the level of service you received from my night staff is not to the high standards I would expect and re training has been carried out to rectify this.
After many years of traffic disruption in the local area, I am pleased to inform you that the road works in the immediate vicinity have now been removed making the commute around the city much easier.
If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip to Edinburgh. It is conveniently situated within Edinburgh and is within easy reach of the airport. The rooms are comfortable, I stayed in a twin room and found the second bed more comfortable than the first, not very helpful to you but there you go. the breakfast was cooked fresh for you and I had a wide choice of cereals and hot food available. All in all a practical hotel for business.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am very sorry that you found one of the beds in your room uncomfortable, as part of our ongoing refurbishment plan, I’d be very grateful if you could email me direct at vicky.rigby@apexhotels.co.uk with details of your room so I can ensure the mattress is replaced as a priority.
I was pleased to see that the hotel met your needs and hope we will see you again very soon.