“Business trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here while attending a three day conference held in the hotel. The room was spacious with a television and tea/ coffee making facilities.The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was adequate for my needs. Only downside for me was that the shower was over the bath. Room temperature was too high on the first evening however this was easily adjusted. We ate every night in the hotel and the food was lovely on each occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Lynda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your visit to the Apex European Hotel. It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we were convenient for you in regards to the location of your conference. I am glad that you anjoyed the food in our Metro West End Restaurant.
If you email me your details I can make a note on your profile that you would prefer a shower in your room for any future stays with us. adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk. This is not a problem to arrange.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Apex European Hotel in the neat future.
Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

reception staff were very friendly and helpful. room was lovely good size and big comfortable bed. good shower and lovely fluffy towels. right next to train station, room was cold at night heater wasnt very warm but apart from that great stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Eva,
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. It is pleasing to read that you had an ejoyable stay with us and you were comfortable in your room. I would like to address the issue with the radiator in your room. If you wish to contact me it would be extremely helpful so I can narrrow the problem down to a specific room. My email address is adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk.
I hope you choose to stay with us again as I look forward to welcoming you back. Book with us directly and you will receive a complimentary £10 voucher for use in food and beverage during your next visit.
Adam Gray
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Comfortable clean room, close to our meeting, good breakfast. Limited parking but I have managed to get a space both times I stayed. Very close to Haymarket station. Friendly staff. Difficult to fault really.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Liz,
"Difficult to fault really" is a great sentence to read in any review. Thank you very much for this and your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. I was happy to read that you were comfortable in your room and thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with accomodation near your meeting place and that we can provide this again in the future.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Apex European Hotel again soon.
Best Regards,
Adam
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located. It is very well connected to the Edinburgh airport. The hotel is a 3 star but it is as comfortable as a 4 star ! The bar and restaurant stocks some good food and drinks at reasonable prices. The rooms are clean and nest. The staff is very hospitable to foreigners. They make you feel warm. The hotel is priced well. There is free wifi. The staff was accommodating when it came to check in and check out timings. I faced no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank atishay78
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that the staff were able to assist you in a hospitable manner. I am pleased that you were able to experience the comfort of our rooms and that you consider us well priced. We are very competitively priced with other hotels in our area.
I do hope you consider staying with us again if you visit Edinburgh as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.
Warm Regard,
Adam Gray
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We chose this hotel after viewing the hotels location, very close to the main city centre! We also were pleased at how cheap the hotel was only coming to a total price of £135.00 for two nights for two people. We booked 2 weeks in advance and as soon as we arrived at Haymarket station the hotel was only a mere 3 minute walk from the station and very easy to locate. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff who checked us in extremely quickly and gave us a map of Edinburgh advising us to visit some attractions that they pointed out. When we got to our room we were happy with how spacious and accommodating the room was.
There was a large double bed which was very comfy, an immaculately clean en suite with both a shower and a bath, a hd tv on the wall and extra facilities including: coffee, biscuits, hot chocolates,bottled water, a kettle, an ironing board and iron and a hairdryer and also some Edingburgh guides hidden in the wardrobe too! The hotel was comfortable and I slept well both nights, considering the hotel is on a main road I did not get woken by traffic. The only problem we had was being woken by a fire alarm at 8am on Saturday morning but other than that the hotel and it's facilities were excellent! I definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a budget hotel that still offers great facilities and a comfortable nights sleep!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evie G
VickyRigby, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Evie,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking. Our location is good for travel as you rightly pointed out.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of the fire alarm, as you can imagine, this is not a regular occurrence but for some reason always seems to happen early morning!

I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Kind Regards,
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The reception we received from when we entered this hotel was friendly and helpful which was a great plus. The room was big, although the bed took up most of this space, though this did mean that the bed was a good size! There was a big TV with a range of channels, and complimentary hot chocolate, biscuits and bottled water. Had a very comfortable night's sleep. The location is good as it is close to Haymarket station, so it's accessible but not as central to tourist attractions, which is probably the only downside.

Book directly with the hotel as this gives you the best price and a £10 voucher which can be used on meals (not including breakfast), room service and spa treatments. This was enough to buy lunch for two of us from the bar menu the next day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sabeprob
Dear Guest,
Let me take this opportunity to firstly thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding the Apex European Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to make use of your complimentary £10 voucher. I do hope that you will consider using the Apex European Hotel on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Apex European is a good value hotel with location right on the main road and 10 mins bus for main city. Buses 26,12 and 31 are available from bus stop right outside the hotel to City Center and Airport Bus from Haymarket. The Hotel staff is friendly and guide you well.

The rooms are clean & comfortable with tea making facilities. The hotel restaurant is also good. we tried the breakfast which was decent though lot of options in close by market.

Downside - our toiletries were not replaced for the three days we stayed here. Rooms need a better sound proof system.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kamalpreet16
Dear Guest,
I am pleased that you found the hotel comfortable during your stay. I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be accommodating and their local knowledge proved useful to you. Let me take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of replenishment of your toiletries during your stay. Please be assured this is not the norm and I have passed these comments to the Head Housekeeper who will look into the matter.
I do hope that if you are ever in Edinburgh again, that you choose to stay with us as we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,