“Ok hotel”

Ranked #72 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is pleasant enough, the room I had was very small but perfectly serviceable.
The only problem I had was with room service who forgot my cutlery on both occasions and at breakfast forgot the jam and butter to go with toast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Sam,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Your comments regarding room service are concerning to me and I have passed your comments to the Restaurant and Bars Manager – an expert at all things room service – to deal with these service shortfalls personally. Cutlery is essential for most meals so thank you for brining this to my attention. I hope this didn’t cause you too much inconvenience during your stay.
I hope this did not deter you from staying with Apex Hotels again and if you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

For arrival by train (or from June 2014 by tram) this hotel is very convenient for Haymarket station, just 2 to 3 minutes walk. Although it's on the main road to/from the city centre to the airport and the west the traffic noise was scarcely detectable from my room facing the street - the glazing has amazing soundproofing! ( I am a light sleeper used to zero traffic in a rural location). The room decor was very restful, and the staff friendly and welcoming.
There are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby, My tip - as you walk towards the west end of Princes Street (not far) diverge to the left into what now seems to be styled 'the West End village' for some interesting wee shops, bars and eateries on quiet streets around William Street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent visit to the Apex European Hotel.
It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for mentioning the soundproofing. As you mentioned, we are located beside a road but have done our best to ensure that our convenient location to the city centre does not disturb a guests’ stay. A good night sleep is what we aim to provide first and foremost so I am glad that you were able to have one. Mission accomplished!
Thank you for the comments regarding the staff and I hope I can welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel in the not too distant future.
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Apex European Hotel is a very short walk away from Haymarket Station. There is also free parking behind the hotel - it is a very small car park but we did not have trouble getting a space.

The lady at reception was really friendly and very welcoming.

The room was superb, and seemed very good given that this is only a three star hotel. I had stayed at the Apex Waterloo Place previously and didn't notice too much difference in the rooms. Depending on where you are heading the location in Edinburgh is great.

Would come back here in a flash.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Robin,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Apex European Hotel. It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Although we are classed as a three star hotel because of the facilities we offer, we strive to achieve 4 star service and product quality – so I am glad that you acknowledged this- thank you for that.
I have passed on your comments regarding reception to the team who are always pleased to hear compliments regarding their service.
I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again the very near future.
Kind Regards,
Victoria BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stay at the Apex European on Easter Week-end. Our room was small but comfortable and quiet. The Airlink bus dropped us off a short distance away from the Hotel. A regular bus stop right in front of the hotel and the Tram a few steps away made our back and from the downtown core quite easy. Staff was really helpful. Good value for money. We would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Britony
Thank you for taking the time to leave the feedback regarding your stay at the Apex European Hotel. I can tell from your review that you had an enjoyable stay and this pleases our team no end.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were able to use us a base to explore the wonderful city that we have on our doorstep. Thank you for your comments about the staff – I have shared these with the team who are always happy to hear about a guests experience that they have been a part of.
I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel if you visit Edinburgh again.
Best Regards,
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was in Edinburgh for 3 nights, and enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Just up the road for the conference at Edinburgh, the nearby Haymarket pubs and restaurants were busy and lively.
The room was very comfortable, and sleep quality very good. Very clean and with friendly staff, I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of the Apex European Hotel and thank you for the recommendation. Word of mouth really is the most powerful way to attract new and returning guests – thank you for this!
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the staff friendly. I have passed on your comments on to the team which they are always pleased to hear.
I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel in the not too distant future.
Dingwall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Great location, easy check-in and friendly receptionist. I had room 001 which is on the ground floor and a bit of a dark cell with only a high window so it did feel a little claustrophobic. Other colleagues had rooms on the upper floors which were much lighter. Having said that there was nothing wrong with the room itself and the bed was very comfortable.

We had drinks outside and I have to compliment the waitress who was super helpful and had a great sense of humour. A great asset to the hotel! A bonus was the £10 voucher for online booking which vastly reduced the cost of the bottles of wine we consumed!!

Breakfast was a wee bit slow and I had to ask twice for coffee but this is a minor criticism and I will certainly use the hotel again as a really convenient location for Haymarket.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Donald,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel.
I am pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and you were able to make use of your complimentary £10 voucher. I have passed your comments regarding the staff onto the restaurant team who is always very pleased to hear positive feedback – so thank you for that.
I noticed that you commented on your room allocation and that you would prefer a room on a higher floor that is brighter. Please contact me adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk and I can certainly arrange this for any future stays you have with us. We strive to accommodate all guest requests and this is something we can rectify for next time.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is conveniently located to the city center and there are good amenities close by for food and travel. There is a train station very close to the hotel that connects to the center of the city. The rooms are neat and newly renovated. The quality of the stay was very satisfactory for the pricing of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Edinburgh for a reasonable budget.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite and cozy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recommendation and endorsement of the Apex European Hotel. Word of mouth really is the most powerful form of marketing at our disposal and I appreciate your efforts in this.
Thank you for taking the time to leave the feedback regarding your stay and I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel if you visit Edinburgh again.