“Very friendly and well worth the money”

Apex Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #75 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Very friendly and well worth the money”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We found the hotel to be very smart and would have said it was four or five star from looking at it. The staff we're brilliant and let us have free early check in, they even looked after our bags after checking out. Everything about about the hotel screams class. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was brilliant. We enjoyed all of the attention to detail, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your visit to the Apex European Hotel.
Describing the hotel team as “brilliant” is always great for any manager to read but I am especially pleased that you recognised my team for the hard work that they do! I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I appreciate your recommendation of the hotel.
Best Regards,
Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff is very friendly and the hotel was accessible for both the airport and the city centre. the room had a huge bed and was well appointed with tea/coffee making. The service was a bit slow in the restaurant for dinner but the food was very good. Everything was very clean and I would definitely stay again.

Dear Margaret,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent visit to the Apex European Hotel.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is pleasing to read that you would stay with us again.
I appreciate the honest feedback regarding the service in the restaurant. I have passed these comments onto the Food and Beverage Manager. We are currently in the process of recruiting more staff for the busy period and I hope to have them in place soon. Please be assured that this is not the standard of service that I expect and isn’t the norm. I am pleased that this didn’t dampen your stay too much and that you had a pleasant stay regardless.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel on a friday afternoon around 4pm, as my friend had visited the hotel earlier in the year he warned me that they only had a very small car park so we where lucky to get the last space.
The staff on the front desk where always very happy to make us feel welcome,the room was on the small side but it was clean and tidy.

The tea and coffee tray was well stocked and i really liked the fact they supplyed 2 bottles of highland spring mineral water which i used for my own pink grapefruit squash.

The en-suite was decorated to a very high standard and i found the shower head was even high enough for me to stand under at being 6' 8" tall

On a down side for the room i found that hanging space for clothes could have been better,but overall i would be more than happy to stay here again when visiting edinburgh.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nicholas,
“Spot on Hotel” – what a great title for review. Thank you for this and for also taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I have now passed your comments regarding the Front Desk staff to their Manager who will congratulate them personally on your kind comments.
I hope I can welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel soon.
Best Regards,
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 May 2014

First of all: staff in this hotel is very friendly and professional on every level, compliments to all.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the centre of town and is on a busy road so ask for a room at the back if you can.

The room was nice and comfortable with a big bed, desk, coffee/tea making facilities and a large flat screen TV. The bathroom was very clean and had a tub with a shower.

Wi-Fi internet worked well

Breakfast was very nice with a small breakfast buffet with cereals, juices, fruit, yogurt, etc. and a cooked breakfast made to order.

Room Tip: The road in front is noisy so ask a room at the back when you can
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel.
I appreciate your compliments of the team throughout the hotel and I have passed your comments onto the staff personally – thank you for these. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and had an enjoyable breakfast before you departed on your onward journey
I hope I can welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel in the very near future.
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is pleasant enough, the room I had was very small but perfectly serviceable.
The only problem I had was with room service who forgot my cutlery on both occasions and at breakfast forgot the jam and butter to go with toast.

Dear Sam,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Your comments regarding room service are concerning to me and I have passed your comments to the Restaurant and Bars Manager – an expert at all things room service – to deal with these service shortfalls personally. Cutlery is essential for most meals so thank you for brining this to my attention. I hope this didn’t cause you too much inconvenience during your stay.
I hope this did not deter you from staying with Apex Hotels again and if you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

For arrival by train (or from June 2014 by tram) this hotel is very convenient for Haymarket station, just 2 to 3 minutes walk. Although it's on the main road to/from the city centre to the airport and the west the traffic noise was scarcely detectable from my room facing the street - the glazing has amazing soundproofing! ( I am a light sleeper used to zero traffic in a rural location). The room decor was very restful, and the staff friendly and welcoming.
There are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby, My tip - as you walk towards the west end of Princes Street (not far) diverge to the left into what now seems to be styled 'the West End village' for some interesting wee shops, bars and eateries on quiet streets around William Street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent visit to the Apex European Hotel.
It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for mentioning the soundproofing. As you mentioned, we are located beside a road but have done our best to ensure that our convenient location to the city centre does not disturb a guests’ stay. A good night sleep is what we aim to provide first and foremost so I am glad that you were able to have one. Mission accomplished!
Thank you for the comments regarding the staff and I hope I can welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel in the not too distant future.
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Apex European Hotel is a very short walk away from Haymarket Station. There is also free parking behind the hotel - it is a very small car park but we did not have trouble getting a space.

The lady at reception was really friendly and very welcoming.

The room was superb, and seemed very good given that this is only a three star hotel. I had stayed at the Apex Waterloo Place previously and didn't notice too much difference in the rooms. Depending on where you are heading the location in Edinburgh is great.

Would come back here in a flash.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Robin,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Apex European Hotel. It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Although we are classed as a three star hotel because of the facilities we offer, we strive to achieve 4 star service and product quality – so I am glad that you acknowledged this- thank you for that.
I have passed on your comments regarding reception to the team who are always pleased to hear compliments regarding their service.
I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again the very near future.
Kind Regards,