“Clean and nice hotel in downtown walking distance”

Apex Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #72 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Munich, Germany
“Clean and nice hotel in downtown walking distance”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel was in walking distance to downtown Edinburgh with its castle and royal mile and grassmarket. With its location near the station haymarket it invites to travel even a little around the area. The hotel staff was extremly friendly and very helpful. The hotelroom was small but very nice and clean. I would definitely recommend that hotel. But the breakfast they offer was a little overpriced for that what it offered, but in the street near the hotel are some cafes for nice cheaper breakfasts.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. Your comments regarding staff were extremely pleasing to read and I have passed the praise onto the staff personally. I am glad that you would recommend us and I do hope that if you visit Edinburgh again that you would consider staying with us again.
Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Alytus, Lithuania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very convenient, accessible for airport and city centre- good location. Staff very polite and friendly. The room - cleen ,quiet and comfortable. Only blanket was too warm for me. I think, it can be thin woollen rug. So many wonderful sheeps are in Scotland ! Everything else was perfekt.

Room Tip: Ewerything - very good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 277robertas
Dear Robertas,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. Your positive comments are much appreciated and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. If you visit Edinburgh again and choose to stay with us (which I hope you do) please let us know your preference for bedding and I can have this arranged for you. Thinner blankets are available upon request.
I do hope you will visit us again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I found the Hote lstaff to be very helpful and went out of their way to help me out when i had problems or issues. The room itself was very comfortable and clean and will definitely be recommending the hotel to anyone staying in Edinburgh for Business or for pleasure.

I do think the breakfast is overpriced, £10 for a hot breakfast but apart from that. excellent service

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Makaita M
Dear Makaita ,
Thank you for your review and its great title. “Brilliant Service” is a perfect way to describe the experience you get with us and I am pleased that this was recognised. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable and to your liking and thank for the recommendation.
I do hope you will stay with again in the not too distant future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A very nice hotel in a city full of friendly people. I was much impressed by the numbers of people who would look me in the eye and express a greeting either orally or by a smile and nod. Each person on the front desk was polite, friendly and helpful. No one could have an issue with any of them. I would like to especially single out Michelle in the restaurant who served us supper and breakfast. Before even dining there she was smiling and helpful to me in understanding the city and hotel location. Michelle always had a lovely smile on her beautiful face for everyone who came into contact with her. She is a most valuble employee of that hotel!

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are good though we were in the front of the building on the second floor. No tra...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doug M
Dear Doug ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. The thanks if also from Michelle who I passed the review to once I had read it personally. She has been rewarded for her excellent customer service in the past and from this review it is apparent that it is time for another one.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will stay with us again if you visit Scotland again.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We found the hotel to be very smart and would have said it was four or five star from looking at it. The staff we're brilliant and let us have free early check in, they even looked after our bags after checking out. Everything about about the hotel screams class. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was brilliant. We enjoyed all of the attention to detail, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your visit to the Apex European Hotel.
Describing the hotel team as “brilliant” is always great for any manager to read but I am especially pleased that you recognised my team for the hard work that they do! I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I appreciate your recommendation of the hotel.
I hope I can welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel in the not too distant future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff is very friendly and the hotel was accessible for both the airport and the city centre. the room had a huge bed and was well appointed with tea/coffee making. The service was a bit slow in the restaurant for dinner but the food was very good. Everything was very clean and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Margaret,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent visit to the Apex European Hotel.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is pleasing to read that you would stay with us again.
I appreciate the honest feedback regarding the service in the restaurant. I have passed these comments onto the Food and Beverage Manager. We are currently in the process of recruiting more staff for the busy period and I hope to have them in place soon. Please be assured that this is not the standard of service that I expect and isn’t the norm. I am pleased that this didn’t dampen your stay too much and that you had a pleasant stay regardless.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel on a friday afternoon around 4pm, as my friend had visited the hotel earlier in the year he warned me that they only had a very small car park so we where lucky to get the last space.
The staff on the front desk where always very happy to make us feel welcome,the room was on the small side but it was clean and tidy.

The tea and coffee tray was well stocked and i really liked the fact they supplyed 2 bottles of highland spring mineral water which i used for my own pink grapefruit squash.

The en-suite was decorated to a very high standard and i found the shower head was even high enough for me to stand under at being 6' 8" tall

On a down side for the room i found that hanging space for clothes could have been better,but overall i would be more than happy to stay here again when visiting edinburgh.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nicholas,
“Spot on Hotel” – what a great title for review. Thank you for this and for also taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I have now passed your comments regarding the Front Desk staff to their Manager who will congratulate them personally on your kind comments.
I hope I can welcome you back to the Apex European Hotel soon.