“Perfect nights sleep.”

Apex Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I slept better than I do at home, what more can I say... The room was clean and well laid out, the bed was comfortable with nice soft pillows and the atmosphere was fresh and cool. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Colm,
What a great title for a review - thank you very much for this.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and went to the extent of saying it is better than you sleep at home. That just means you will have to come and visit us more often!
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent visit to the Apex European Hotel and I hope I can welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Adam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a weekend break in Edinburgh and booked this hotel at the last minute.
Would highly recommend. Room was lovely with a very modern bathroom and very clean.
Staff were pleasant and very helpful.
Hotel is quite small so dining area and bar have limited space but service is excellent.
Car park has room for only a few cars but as we arrived early we were able to park up for the weekend.
Hotel is next to Haymarket Station and it is only a short walk to the City Centre and visitor attractions. Lots of great bars and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary W
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Gary,
Thank you for the recommendation of us to all on trip advisor and furthermore, thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your visit to the Apex European Hotel.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us in Edinburgh and I have passed on your comments regarding the staff to the team. They are always pleased to hear that guests have had an enjoyable stay that they were able to be a part of.
I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel if you are in Edinburgh again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I was very excited when we arrived as I thought id bagged us a bargain overnight accommodation for our trip but I was disappointed. The room we stayed in had a lumpy wonky matress and a badly flushing loo which took 2 minutes to flush. It was very noisy the night we stayed a week night but little road noise which I was glad about as it faced the road. A previous review warned us of room 301 but I forgot until we were unpacked and watching tv in room 301! Breakfast was enjoyable and plentiful with some variety. Staff were super friendly, knowledgeable and sincere. Theres a bit of tidying up needed around this hotel. Walls painting, wood varnishing, skirting boards sealing, mattresses renewing but for a 3 star hotel we got what we paid for. I had a feeling we were put in the bargain room as we got a good price for our stay would stay again but not in that room!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lianne B
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Lianne,
First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay did not live up to your expectations, and I would very much appreciate the opportunity to put this right. If you wish to do so, please contact me adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk to discuss your stay further.
Please be assured that I can put a note on your account in our system to say that you would prefer not to occupy from 301 on any future stays. I am in the process of replacing the mattress at the moment in 301 thanks to your comment. As you can appreciate, I don’t often get the opportunity to stay in the hotel so the best way to make improvements is acting upon guest feedback.
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us and I hope I can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel. My partner and I booked to go to Edinburgh for the April weekend and this was one of the cheaper hotels that came up in our search. We booked it and I'm so glad we did. It was a lovely hotel. It was located right beside Haymarket train station and a very short walk into central Edinburgh. It was on a fairly quiet street but that was fine by us because after walking around all day sightseeing, a bit of peace in the hotel bar was just what we wanted. Our room was magnificent. Really large, very modern, great facilities and very friendly staff. If I go back to Edinburgh, I'll be staying here again. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Plus, you get to take the duck home! Marked the score as low for pool/fitness centre as there wasn't one (which I knew when booking).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline J
AdamGray1, Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Caroline,
First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. I was extremely pleased to read your comments regarding staff as well as comfort. I am glad that you will recommend us and on your next trip you will stay with us again. A familiar face is always nice!
To enhance your next stay, although we do not have fitness or pool facilities out sister property does and this is just a short walk away. Our guests are permitted to use this facility complimentary also. Let us know and we can get this arranged for you.
I look forward to welcoming you to back to the hotel in the not too distant future,
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was not a hotel we chose we were sent there because our first choice had been flooded out. They sent us to the Apex which they insisted was the same as the boutique hotel we were meant to stay in. It wasn't. The style of the place was non descript and the beds were very soft. The only thing I liked was the duck in the bathroom that we got to take away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarenLiz36

Dear Karen,
I am disappointed to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations and it is not the experience I expect guests to have either. When you get a moment, if you possible could you provide me with some more details regarding your name or arrival date etc and I can look into this further. My email address is adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk.
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave feedback regarding your stay. I hope to use this feedback to improve our service and comfort we provide for guests.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel was in walking distance to downtown Edinburgh with its castle and royal mile and grassmarket. With its location near the station haymarket it invites to travel even a little around the area. The hotel staff was extremly friendly and very helpful. The hotelroom was small but very nice and clean. I would definitely recommend that hotel. But the breakfast they offer was a little overpriced for that what it offered, but in the street near the hotel are some cafes for nice cheaper breakfasts.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at the Apex European Hotel. Your comments regarding staff were extremely pleasing to read and I have passed the praise onto the staff personally. I am glad that you would recommend us and I do hope that if you visit Edinburgh again that you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very convenient, accessible for airport and city centre- good location. Staff very polite and friendly. The room - cleen ,quiet and comfortable. Only blanket was too warm for me. I think, it can be thin woollen rug. So many wonderful sheeps are in Scotland ! Everything else was perfekt.

Room Tip: Ewerything - very good.