“great location and fantastic staff”

Apex Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were travelling for a wedding and had a horribly early flight but the staff obliged us by letting us into our room at 9.30am. The rooms are very spacious and clean. You are 10mins walking distance to Princes St.
The staff make this hotel they are brilliant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick184
ZsoltJakri, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Patrick184,

thank you very much for your kind comments. I was really pleased to see that my colleagues assisted you with the early checkin and that you found our rooms spacious and clean. I could not agree more on your feedback about our team, I am lucky to have such a fantastic set of colleagues here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Apex European Hotel.

Z Jakri

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place is a three-star hotel but I think it could easily be four. I came across the Apex European by accident, or actually by the fact that Edinburgh was very busy last week. I usually stay in more central hotels, but the rates were shocking, so I picked something different and went for this place. And I was not disappointed.

The rooms are on the smaller side, but they are spotless, large tv and free wifi with good speed and very modern bathroom (although toilet seat was a bit damaged). The breakfast is continental buffet with the full breakfast cooked to order, delicious and great selection. As for the restaurant I only had a burger one evening, but it was really good. Also, there is a small free car park, which is a big thing in Edinburgh.

However, I think it is the staff that makes this place really good. Everybody I came across was chatty, happy-looking and very helpful. The two ladies behind the desk were up for a good banter and the restaurant staff are good, too. There was a false fire alarm on the second night (I guess some drunk guy had a fag in the room), it was managed very well. I also asked a few things from the chap cleaning the carpet on the corridor, he was really knowledgeable about the area and helpful, too.

Overall, really pleasant stay, I will certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, a bit quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ben P

Dear Ben P,

thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I am particularly happy with all the comments you made about our staff, their attitude is what really makes a stay at the Apex European Hotel really great.

I was delighted to read that both the room and the food lived up to your expectations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stay here regularly with work, good location for walking into town. The best feature of this hotel is the staff, they're always willing to help with any requests and go out of their way to help my stay be as comfortable as possible. Special mention to Slavek working the night shift...top bloke! Also the breakfast here is superb!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyingPaddy
ZsoltJakri, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I have just shared your fantastic feedback with the team here and we are all thrilled that you found us excellent. It is our service that makes an experience at the Apex European Hotel perfect and your many positive comments tell us that we are certainly on the right track.

Slawek will also be delighted and I could not agree more with your comment about him, he is really an asset to the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Yours,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank StephaneDupin

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My Wife and I are frequent guests at this hotel and have found it to be generally excellent in the past, which is why we keep coming back. However this time we found the quality to be generally below our level of expectations. We specifically requested a quiet room however were awoken early on both mornings by the hotel staff. Furthermore the hotel car park was full which is not a big issue as it was a busy period. However when we enquired whether any of the cars belonged to guests who were checking out that day the receptionist could not have seemed less interested and bordered on downright rude. The room itself was well maintained, even though we did not get shower gel/shampoo left for us after the room had been turned over, and the hotel location is excellent. I think in the future we will reconsider being visitors to this hotel and possibly opt for one of their competitors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hans-moleman1

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your feedback and also for choosing to stay with us regularly. Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your previous stays, I am most concerned this time we did not live up to your expectations. I was surprised to read your comments about our reception team, as their passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed guest expectations at every encounter is what we pride ourselves on and the comments we receive and the ones available on this website show what an asset the staff are to the hotel.

Please do send me an email prior to your next visit and I will personally take care of every detail of your stay to ensure it will be memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our stay over in your hotel was very much appreciated, from the level of service given by your staff, the quality of your rooms and the delicious breakfast. A hotel we'd gladly return to. Our friends (2 couples) also share this view, but no doubt they will also write to you in a similar fashion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ZsoltJakri, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear William,

Your many positive comments are really appreciated and I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent visit to the Apex European Hotel. I was really pleased to read you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the stay, the service, the quality of the rooms and the high quality of the food.

I am glad you would be happy to return and we would be equally happy to welcome you back!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was there for a couple of nights. The rooms are nice, good facilities in the room and also clean.
Very good location now that a tram station is open 30 seconds away.
Also got in at 3 AM one night and we were still offered room service with a smile.

Friendly staff and a nice hotel. Perfect for a stay in the centre but with a decent budget.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ZsoltJakri, General Manager at Apex Haymarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Apex European Hotel and were impressed by our team. Their passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed guest expectations at every encounter is what we pride ourselves on. It is our service that makes an experience at our hotel really memorable. I am also delighted that you were satisfied with the high standard of cleanliness we provide and also with the central location we enjoy.

We are passionate about providing value for money, please visit our website prior to your next visit to Edinburgh for the best offers.