My husband and I stayed two nights in the Parliament House Hotel on Calton Hill and found it be a fantastic location with comfortable rooms and great classic Scottish breakfasts!
It truly is an easy 5-8 minute walk from the
We were there Oct 6-8, 2012 during beautiful weather (i.e. no rain) and found the $185 british pounds for both nights; a good value, especially as it included VAT and full breakfasts. Though centrally located, with great views, it was quiet and charming. We could reach Edinburgh Castle via the Royal Mile or go the opposite direction to Holyrood Castle with just a 15 minute walk (rather brisk walk).The rooms have a classic, peaceful decor with the charming toy dog, a stuffed but realistic looking replica of Greyfriar's Bobby, to keep you company. The bathroom was fully equipped with bathtub and shower and room for storage.
Definitely book the full Scottish breakfast - you can walk for miles on the fuel it provides. You get eggs, toast, tomatoes,grits, mushrooms, bacon/ham and sausage and the unique portion of haggis plus juice and coffee. Who could ask for more? There is also a buffet and you can order individual items if you like. Service was quick and friendly, but not intrusive.
We'd definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian town house in city center; guest rooms have been tastefully furnished in keeping with the character of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Parliament House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parliament Hotel Edinburgh
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland