We stayed for one night - good location near to Waverley Station and Princes Street! On arrival we ended up at the bottom of Calton Hill so a mega, cobbled climb to the hotel followed - once we got our bearings we realised there is a much easier way via Waterloo Road! Surly reception staff who seemed surprised to have visitors directed us to our room - which was up two flights of stairs, along a corridor and then DOWN two flights of steep, spiral stairs - not for the faint-hearted as there is no lift! Room was nice although felt a bit like a dungeon as the tiny window let in very little light - could be claustrophobic especially if it was particularly warm outside! Nice bathroom, nice furnishings plus lovely breakfast - breakfast staff could teach reception staff a thing or two about customer service - the lady when we checked out was as surly as her colleague at check in. Would go again because of the location but would ask for a room that didn't require mountaineering!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian town house in city center; guest rooms have been tastefully furnished in keeping with the character of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Parliament House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parliament Hotel Edinburgh
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland